Welcome onboard, in this participation guide you will find all information you need prior to the weekend. During the event, all further communication will take place within the platform Eventornado.
- ACCESS PLATFORM From at the 25th of February you may go to Eventornado and register Click on the “Participate” button to sign up. Each participant needs to register individually. On the platform you can find the 5 challenges outlined in detail.
- IDEA COLLECTION If you have an idea for one of the challenges and want to start a team, this is the time! Click "Post Idea" and pitch how you aim to solve the challenge, make it short as a twitter-post. If you don't have an idea, wait until next phase. By submitting an idea you become the Team Lead and will be responsible for reviewing the request of hackers who want to join your team.
- TEAM FORMATION On Friday March 4th you will be able to join a team. Either you find a team by looking through the posted Ideas of any that appeals to you, or you look for a team that is missing a skill you possess. Cross-cultural teams will be beneficial throughout the hack.
The Engineering for Humanity Weekend kicks of the 11th of March with an opening ceremony. After the ceremony it's time you make up your mind (if you haven't already)and request to join one of the existing teams. Ones you have a team as well as an idea to work on, your team gets assigned an internal chatroom. The chat will appear in Eventornado on the day the start of Team formation. You will be added to the private group with your team automatically, here you can have both written communication but also video meetings. In addition to your private chat you will find the rest of the communication platform in the same view including the channels:
- #Announcements: For official announcements by organizers
- #General: For general communication among participants
- #Ask-organizers: Get help from organizers
- #Ask-the-mentors: Reach out to get support from all mentors
- #Challenge-discussion: Find and share ideas and input for your ideas
- #Team-formation: Pitch your idea and what skills you are missing, or pitch yourself!
- #Random: For fun stuff and stuff unrelated to the event
- #Tools: Found any good tools other might find beneficial, post it here! Ex. forMockups, cloud platforms etc, here you may find real treasures!
- #Experience-tasks: In this channel a new task will be posted every now and then
Your Team mentor will be dropped in your chat room a few hours after the opening ceremony. The mentor is there to make sure you are making progress and the most out of the 42h. He/she will schedule checkpoints or just check in once in a while to see if you have any questions he/she can help out with. If you need any assistance or support outside of these checkpoints please reach out in the Mentor chat and someone will be there to help.